Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Cause I had a brainstorm, and needed a place to put it...

Here's a deep question for you; What defines good music? does it have to be the lastest rap that T.I. or Lil' Wanye conjured up? Some soft folk song with sweet lyrics and meaning full guitar? Some hardcore screams and rockin' synth? What is music? Where does it come from? Who is there to judge, say that one thing is better than the other? I believe music is a form of expression. Expression, is the creativity that flows in each and everyone. Some have tapped into that better than others, some are working there way to fully grab that concept. My music is no different. It comes directly from the heart. Everything I write, I deal with daily or have dealt with at a specific point in my life. My guitar can be both gentle and rock. I'd define myself as indie, rock, folk, pop, but who is there to really judge what exactly I am? I am something completely different. I don't try to be the next [Insert act of choice]. I pride myself in being MYSELF. I am real. I am new. I am something you've never heard before. And I'm grateful for this.

No comments: